We respect and protect your privacy
International Talent Placements Inc. or ITPlacements is an information technology staffing agency. Our main website address is https://itplacements.com.
ITPlacements respects the privacy of individuals in all aspects of our business operations. We have a longstanding commitment to protecting the personal information of job seekers when providing services to our clients.
What personal data we collect and why do we collect it
As a job seeker using ITPlacement’s services, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information in order for us to provide you with the best possible service. In addition to your contact details, your resumé, and a description of the type of work you are looking for, your file may include the following:
- Interview notes
- Information obtained through reference and background checks
- Educational records
- Reference letters
- Skill testing results
For temporary staffing arrangements we also file information required to provide payroll services, including banking details, tax deductions and vacation allowances.
How do we use your information
- Understand your qualifications, needs and preferences
- Find the best job opportunities for you that will give you the job satisfaction you are looking for
- Fulfill our clients’ requests for information about job candidates
- Provide you with appropriate training or career transition services
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service job seekers and our clients
- Provide payroll and other HR functions to you, for temporary staffing arrangements
ITPlacements never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless requested by the client and consented to by the job seeker.
When do we disclose your information and to whom
Your personal information is never traded, sold or leased by us to any external companies. Your information is only disclosed for ITPlacements’s legitimate business purposes or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
In the normal course of business, we disclose your personal information to our clients when we feel there is a potential for a job placement. As a job seeker, you are relying on us to share such information. We only provide your information to employers if there is a job opening that is well-suited for you, and we only provide information required and requested to make an informed decision regarding a job candidate.
We may share information with our affiliates, partners, contractors or other companies (collectively “representatives”) that we use to provide full staffing services. However, we only disclose limited information as required for the function that will be performed by the representative on our behalf. We also ensure that every contract we enter into with a representative clearly outlines the representative’s obligation to protect your personal information and live up to the principles of privacy.
As a requirement of providing our services, we will store and process your personal information in Canada or in the US, using Canadian or US based third party service providers in accordance with this Policy. Any personal information stored or processed outside of Canada will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction.
Have you consented
Having read this policy and by using our services and providing us with your personal information, we imply your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein.
Wherever possible and when necessary, we obtain your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. We imply your consent if we feel we are using your personal information for purposes that are obvious to you. For example, if you list the names and phone numbers of your previous employers on your resumé for reference checking purposes, we will not seek your express consent before checking these references or send your resume to what we feel would be an opportunity for you.
How long is your information retained
We retain your information as long as you are using our placement services, or longer if required by law. For temporary workers, that means we retain all your information as long as you remain on our payroll, and for seven years thereafter. For permanent placements, we retain your information for one year after you accept a permanent employment position.
How do we keep your personal information secure
We have staff procedures and policies in place to ensure that your personal information, in both paper and electronic format, are secure. Privacy of our user’s information is of utmost importance to us. We strive to provide a safe, confidential and secure system so that you feel comfortable storing your information with us. We understand the highly confidential nature of the employment search process, and our policies are designed to give you the control you need to ensure complete confidentiality.
Personal information entered through our site is collected within a secure page, such that it is encrypted while being transferred to a password protected server equipped with an enterprise firewall. If you provide personal information to us via unencrypted e-mail you should be aware of the inherent risks of interception over which we have no control.
If you have any concerns about this policy please contact:
- By using this website, you signify your consent to ITPlacements’ collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Access to the ITPlacements website and use of several of its features typically do not require providing any personal information whatsoever.
- “Cookie” technology captures summary – not individual – information on visitor use patterns. Cookies are small amounts of information installed on a website user’s computer to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the website. For example, the information stored in cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the website and can be used to offer personalized webpage content.
- During your visit to our website, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself (such as name, address, phone number) in order for us to provide you with information on our services, or to provide you with services. Providing us with that information is always your choice. If you choose not to supply us with your contact details, portions of the website will not be available for you to access.
- We may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to the appropriate governmental authorities that have asserted their lawful authority to obtain your collected personal information.
- The ITPlacements website provides links to, and may be linked from, local, Provincial and federal government agencies, and from, or to, other websites. We take no responsibility to the content policies or information on the linked sites. By clicking on an outside link, the ITPlacements website Privacy Policies no longer apply.
- ITPlacements reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions of any terms, conditions, policies or disclaimers published on its website. To ensure that you know what terms and conditions currently apply, occasional checks of this page are recommended.